Get Rid of Bed Bugs
ChemTec Pest Control is academy
trained and can get rid of the bed bugs in your home. Service includes a FREE inspection/retreat after 7 days. You are covered by a 30-day warranty: however, additional treatments beyond that may be necessary. Exact prices are not quoted until we examine your room(s).
Weird and Wacky Bed Bug Facts
With all the attention bed bugs have been getting, you might think you know everything about these pests. You know they feed on us while we sleep, cause itchy, red bumps, and they're difficult to get rid of. But these pests have many secrets that you might be surprised to learn.
Fact 1: Bed bugs can live anywhere.
Most people think hotels when they think of bed bugs. However, bed bugs can thrive in single-family homes, apartments, hospitals, college dorm rooms, office buildings, schools, buses, trains, movie theaters, retail stores, and almost anywhere that humans are.
Fact 2: Bed bugs aren’t just city dwellers.
Bed bugs don't just live in big cities or third-world countries. You can find them in all 50 states!
Fact 3: Bed bugs are hardy.
Bed bugs can live for many months without feeding on blood. They can linger in your furniture, bags, and suitcases for a long time waiting for a human host to get near to them again. They can also survive temperatures of nearly freezing to 122 degrees. Professional pest control is the best way to treat an infestation.
Fact 4: Bed bugs are smart.
Bed bugs are elusive as a survival instinct. They instinctively stay out of view during the daytime, hide in mattress crevices, box springs, baseboards, behind electrical switch plates, in picture frames, and even behind your wallpaper. But during the night, the carbon dioxide we exhale can tempt them out of their hiding places.
Fact 5: Bed bugs are methodical.
The feeding pattern of bed bugs is predictable. After they find a host, a bed bug will usually feed for 5-10 minutes. Sometimes their feeding pattern is jokingly referred to as breakfast, lunch, and dinner since bites will commonly be found in a pattern. The bite marks they leave behind are the signs of a bed bug infestation.
Fact 6: Bed bugs could have a degree in anesthesiology.
Ever wonder why bed bugs don't wake up their human hosts when they feed? The components in their saliva act as an anesthetic and promote increased blood flow at the bite site — making their feed quick and nearly painless for the host.
Please Prepare for Bed Bug Treatment by Performing the Following Steps
- Remove ALL bed covering from your mattresses and box springs. Place the items in the dryer for at least 20 minutes on “high” heat (do not wash first or the items will not reach an adequate temperature to kill the bugs or their eggs and more items may be reinfected).
- All clothing should be inspected and placed in the dryer for at least 20 minutes on “high” heat (do not wash first) and then stored in large plastic bags away from the treatment
- All furniture coverings should be inspected and placed in the dryer for at least 20 minutes on “high” heat (do not wash first) and then stored in large plastic bags away from the treatment
- All items other than furniture and large electronics need to be inspected and removed and stored in plastic bags or totes, away from treatment
areas. This includes all items on the floor, inside drawers, cabinets, or on top of any surface.
- Remove all pets from the area to be treated.
- All aquarium aerators need to be turned off and cover aquariums.
- If your mattresses are on the floor and not on a frame, this treatment will not work. If clothing is not picked up off the floor and the closet this treatment will not work. If clothing is not bagged and dried this treatment will not work.
- We recommend mattresses and box springs to be placed in encasements and/or this treatment may not work. (If box spring is on a metal bed frame it will tear the encasement.)
- If you have large furniture it may need to be moved/dissembled
- Bed bugs are not easy to rid your residence of. Depending on infestation you may need more than two treatments. Additional treatments are extra.
- All residents may vacate the establishment (product has a slight smell) for a minimum of half hour after the treatment. (May sit in the garage or patio.) We do not apply to furniture or upholstery where prolonged contact with humans will occur.
*Price is a starting price and due to service size it could increase. Price will be negotiated before service is started.